Welcome back Teachers & Students!!
At Clayscapes we have been diligently working to maintain NYS Standards regarding social distancing & sanitizing. We thank you in advance as we continue to make changes and adjust as we move forward. For the last few weeks we have been running open studio time via Online Sign Up and we are so ready to get everyone back in for Summer Class.
You will notice some changes in class times, open studio time, class size and studio practices. These are all to ensure the safety of you and our community. Clayscapes Pottery will continue to take temperatures and require you to fill out the questionnaire before you come in each day. Masks or face coverings are mandatory.
*If you have signed up for studio time into July – please re-make your reservations online.
Changes effective with the start of Summer Class:
Morning classes will begin at 9am, instead of traditional 10am start times. This is to make time between classes for the studio to be disinfected.
- Some classes will not allow for open studio to go on during that class.
- All Open Studio times must be signed up for via the website in advance.
- Monday Open Studio is now available by sign up.
- A calendar is posted in the studio, online, on Remind to let you know when these Open Studios are.
Existing rules that will remain in place during Summer Class:
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory.
- All students, staff and public must enter through the Gallery door only.
- There will be no access to shared studio tools (bats, canvas, sponges, ect) These things can be purchased in the store.
- Between times of 12pm-1pm, and 4-5pm- the studio will be closed for disinfecting. There are disinfecting supplies in the studio for anyone to use – including hand sanitizer.
- No food or drink in the studio.
- No Kitchen access – come prepared with your filled water bottle.
- There will be a designated restroom for Public/Students & Staff.
- Closed toe shoes are required in the studio.
- One customer allowed in the store at a time.
- Social distance at all times! No more than 2 people at a hand-building table at a time.
- Students are not allowed in the kiln area, loading dock, or warehouse at any time.
Again, welcome back! Thank you for your understanding & patience.